“This is how you do it: You sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until it’s done. It’s that easy, and that hard.” — Neil Gaiman
“And sometimes you need a helping hand.” — Lesley Hyatt
In my work as a writing coach, I draw upon my 30+ years’ experience as a professional writer, editor, and teacher of writing and mindfulness groups. I offer one-on-one coaching to fiction and nonfiction writers (adult and youth markets) seeking opportunities to:
- begin, follow through, and/or complete writing projects
- connect more deeply with the emotional and intellectual roots of their writing
- recognize and appreciate the qualities of their own unique voices on the page
- identify and manage the often paralyzing power of the “inner critic”
- develop a productive and balanced writing life
- empower themselves as more confident editors of their own work
With fiction and memoir writers, I offer specialized guidance on character and plot development and arc.
With writers of general nonfiction, I focus more on book organization and flow.
With all of my clients, I offer an engaged collaborative experience in an atmosphere of confidentiality and mutual respect. I work with clients in person (generally in the Los Angeles area) or via video conferencing.
My writing, creativity and mindfulness workshops are currently available at UCLA Extension Writers Program, Skirball Cultural Center, and privately. For more information about me and my work, go to http://www.lesleyhyatt.com.Contact Information:
Studio City, California
Tel: (323) 842-9635